Happy Thursday guys! We’re almost done with the week and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It’s kinda crazy how fast January went by. But, I recently got some of Colourpop’s new pressed eyeshadows and came up with a orange-y pinkish eye for it! It’s a pretty easy and romantic look that even the most beginners of beginners can do. I did a review on the shadows so be sure to check that out!
- As always, prep and prime your eyes using your favorite primer. I’m using UD’s Primer Potion. I’ve also curled my lashes in advance using Shu Uemura’s eyelash curler.
- Apply Colourpop Firefly all over the lid and extending up to the brow bone. I used a flat eyeshadow brush for this
- Next apply I Owe You into the outer third and along your crease using a fluffy round brush, BUT make sure not to extend the color down into the middle of your lid. This is going to be our transition shade.
- Now we’re going to deepen up the outer corner and lower lash line using a mixture of Bel-Air and Note to Self with a pencil brush. Feel free to deepen it even further with a darker brick red/orange or brown. I didn’t get any darker shadows from Colourpop (and wanted to only use CP shadows) so I didn’t smoke it out much.
- In the middle of your lid apply Come and Get It. I used a flat shader brush with Fix+ to create a more intense finish. The shadow is a gorgeous duochrome rose gold and the picture does not do it justice. I’ll need to learn how to make a gif or something so you guys can see the color in all it’s glory! But this gives it a romantic and glamorous feel with the rose-y tone.
- I then tightlined and winged out my eyes using a brown eyeliner. I prefer using browns because it’s softer but using a dark black liner would give beautiful definition to your eye as well. I always extend the color to the outer half of my lower lash line to balance everything out.
- Curl your lashes if you haven’t yet and apply your favorite mascara! You can also add false lashes for more drama and oomph. Just make sure to re line your lash line so the band doesn’t peek out.
After my eyes I just did my usual foundation routine, highlight, etc. Let me know if you want to see how I do my base makeup! I hope you enjoyed the look, give it a try chingus! xoxo